Skip to main content

55 costumes

About the project

During the two months of confinement in France I undertook to make one costume a day. Working mainly at home, mixing in my images the space of the house and that of photography, I accumulated during many years a significant quantity of various accessories. I often work on a collection basis and when an object or a family of objects catches my attention, I frantically search for its declinations, until a new project redirects my interest. The unprecedented health crisis of the last few weeks has pushed me to focus into this important stock, which is spread out in my photographs, from commissions or personal initiatives. These costumes are the worn traces of past or future projects. By wearing them as a part of my photographic "language", I wanted to confront this accumulation that retraces several years of photography. It is not really a series or images in itself, rather the documentation of a working dynamic. This project will give rise to a publication in collaboration with the graphic designer and art director Marc Armand (www.tusaisqui.fr), soon to be published by my independant publishing house ces editions (www.ceseditions.com).

Hubert Crabieres

Team credits

With the big help of my flatemates and friends, online and irl : Alexis Etienne, Todor Andréevski, Woosung Sohn, Raphaël Julier, Marianna Ladreyt

Bio

Hubert Crabieres (1989) lives and works in Argenteuil, Ile de France. His work brings together images of personal initiatives as well as commissioned works. Working mainly at home, surrounded by his friends and objects he collects, his images mix staging and documentation of a space through time. In 2019 he won the American Vintage prize at the 34th Hyères Festival of Fashion, Photography and Fashion Accessories at the Villa Noailles. For several years he has been working for the fashion world.



from Articles https://ift.tt/2ZJXc0D

Comments